Saturday, October 9, 2010

Elizabeth's Baptism

As most of you know from my earlier post, Elizabeth was Baptized on Friday, Oct. 1. We had to get special permission to schedule her baptism on this date and time in order to have it while Grandma and Grandpa Toolson could be here. We couldn't be happier that everything worked out. We were also blessed to be able to have Brian and Kyle there as well. . . (barely, I have to say. . . they drove down from BYU Idaho that afternoon, and just walked in as we were starting).

Kennedy, Mia, and Elizabeth sang "When I am Baptized" together as part of the program. I was wishing we had a micorphone as they were singing, because they didn't quite sing loud enough for everyone to hear. But I was still proud that they got up there and did such a nice job! Kennedy also gave a FABULOUS talk on the holy ghost. She talked about learning to recognize the signals that the Holy Ghost will give you throughout your life. After the baptism, we had the family over for some sandwiches, and of course a celebration cake! You may be wondering where all the other family photos may be?? Well right when the baptism was over, Elizabeth ran home (we live across the street from the church), changed her clothes, and climbed in bed out of exhaustion. ... she was in bed before we even got home. I was dissapointed that we didn't get any more pictures. After we got the chairs picked up in the room, I went to look for Elizabeth so we could get some family and group pictures. .. .but she was already long gone! Luckily I took just a few before the acutal baptism.
We were so greatful to have some great support show up. Besides our own family, Grandma and Grandpa Toolson, and her cousins Brian and Kyle, David's mom, Grandma Mary, was there and gave a nice talk on Baptism. David's brother, Dan and his family were there, and we owe Jennifer a huge thanks for playing the piano for us so beautifully! Eliza came with Windsor, as well as our home teachers, Elizabeth's primary teachers, several of her friends from the ward, and the Bishop. She was well supported.
Elizabeth was actually really nervous and scared as she went into the font. She started to cry and was clinging to me. But she braved the water and only had to go under once. I asked her how she felt after, and she said "good". Not many words, but I know she was happy. (and exhausted too, I guess. . . . thus the nap, and missing the whole celebration after. .. and I am still upset we didn't get any more pictures. . . sigh) We love and are so proud of you, Elizabeth!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Love that first picture of the girls - they look so beautiful! Congratulations to Elizabeth; we are proud of her, too!

Heidi said...

I agree i just love that picture of the girls together - you should frame that one.

Congratulations to Elizabeth. What a special milestone. And it's so nice she was able to spend it with family! She is such a sweet girl.

Jaime said...

Ohhhh, so sweet. If she were in our ward, I would be her Primary Teacher. Such a wonderful time in these little kids lives. So happy for her. She looks beautiful!

becky said...

I am so happy my boys were there and so disappointed I wasnt! sigh but it looks very nice.