Friday, October 3, 2008

12 miler

I volunteered to go with the 6th grade today on their 12 mile hike. We started at the school and walked 6 miles up the Hobble Creek Canyon to a park there. Then we had lunch, and then got ready for the 6 miles back. Luke and my feet are hurting, but we did it! (I actually had to trade shoes with Luke part of the way down because his feet were hurting so bad. .. but he made it, actually in the first group on the way up and the second group on the way down) What a beautiful time of year to go for a hike up the canyon!Luke of the way up. It actually started to rain for a little bit at this point, but no one complained. It didn't rain enought to get any one really wet. Just cool us off a bit.
Some of the boys played a little football at the park. On the walk back, they may have been wishing they used the time to rest their feet instead!Luke actually posed for a picture with his mom! I am wearing a school shirt from last year that I designed and our company made. Isn't it cute?Luke stopped to take this picture on the way back. Photo doesn't do it justice.

7 comments:

becky said...

Wow, I'm impressed. You already went on a 12 mile hike and blogged about it. Sore feet are the worst, I finally invested in a really really good pair of walking shoes to help my feet. Have fun with mom and dad! Love the pic of the scenery, I love this time of year for that!

Shannon said...

Gorgeous photos! I love the one of Luke hiking up the road... and the one of you two together. :)
12 miles is an intense hike a lot of kids (and adults!); had they done any practice hikes?

Heidi said...

Today was a perfect day for a hike and it looks so beautiful! Too bad Luke had sore feet that makes it hard. But it looks like a fun day and hey you got a picture with your son. What can be better than that!

Shareen said...

That looks so pretty. I definitely didn't take advantage of the area when I lived there. I need to plan a little excursion with my family to find some fall color.

Stephen said...

12 miles for sixth graders, wow! And the trees are so pretty--this if my favorite time of year, and when I used to live out there I'd hit the canyons all the time to see the changing colors.

Julia Kelly said...

I just love this time of year, it's my favorite! Wow, 12 miles! Way to go Luke and Kristie...but you probably already worked out at 5 that morning and was your 2nd work out of the day. :) Love you guys.

Brenda said...

Where does that boy get his height? He'll be passin you by anyday! It's interesting to look up at your children...I now look up to both Gage and Gunar! In more ways than one...