Sunday, October 19, 2008

Hiking the "Y"

Beware, a lot of pictures in this one! Saturday morning we got up and decided to enjoy our nice weather by taking the kids to hike up "Y" mountain. Here we all are right before we started. I walked up with Luke, Kennedy, and Elizabeth. It is a pretty steep climb at times, but they were troopers and didn't complain at all. They did mention a couple of times that their hearts were beating fast, and I told them that is good and means they are exercising their hearts.

Elizabeth sat down to rest, and I thought she looked so cute that I had to snap a photo. David volunteered to walk up with Mia. He said that she did great. Here they are right at the end. The kids are standing on the Y and trying to make a BYU. Someone should have told Luke that his "B" attempt was backwards! It was quite a view, looking down at all of Utah valley. Here are the kids admiring the amazing view.
Mia and I on the way down. The bigger kids went ahead, so David and I helped Mia down. She did really well until the last 100 ft she melted down and started to cry. It was a nice hike. A little challenging, but not too long for the kids.

6 comments:

Shareen said...

I can't believe you can get all your kids, including Mia!, out hiking. Anya gives me so much grief just walking Camille down the hill to school. Good for you taking advantage of your day.

Anonymous said...

It looked like a good family activity. Nice to get the kids out and doing something. Your pictures are great.

Heidi said...

I love the view from the top of Y mountain. The pictures of the kids at the top is perfect!

Seeing that you brought Mia gives mem hope that we can try this hike with the family next year (by the time we get to it this year -- it will be snowing! :)

Shannon said...

Beautiful pictures, Kristie! I, too, am impressed that you were able to get all of your kids to make that hike. I guess your enthusiasm for exercise has rubbed off on them!

Jaime said...

How fun! What a great family activity too.

kelly said...

sounds like a wonderful way to spend a beautiful day!