Thursday, October 16, 2008

I finally got one!

I have been wanting (and needing in my opinion), a new kitchen table for a LONG time. Our kids are just so destructive, that David hasn't been willing to go out and get one just to have it destroyed. I have been eyeing a couple of tables at Sam's Club for quite some time, and when I was in the store the other day, this table was marked down even more ( I thought it was a good deal to start with for a table and 6 chairs). I was finally able to talk David into going out and getting it. So here it is all put together. I went out and got a table cloth in hopes that will help keep it protected a little from my kids.
I think it looks great (although I need to iron the table cloth.. . ). Our previous table was bought at a yard sale for 30.00, and only had three chairs that were falling apart a bit. So I think we have been way over due for this.

6 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

How fun! It looks really nice, and a bit of an up grade from your last table. :) Hope you have many happy meals at your new table

Shannon said...

Kristie, I LOVE it! I have one little suggestion... buy some chair pads (even if they are super flat ones from Walmart). We learned the hard way that the copper rivets on back pockets are not friendly to wood chairs!
It is a beautiful set... I especially love the drawer in the bottom of the table.

Anonymous said...

It looks great. Now you can all sit down to a dinner together. That is supposed to be one of the secrets to a successful family! Shannon, as I remember buckles on shoes can also do some damage to wood tables. Way to go.

Heidi said...

Six chairs are definitely better than three! Congratulations! It is such a beautiful table! So what are you going to make for dinner to christen it?

Shareen said...

I like it a lot. Yay for you.

kelly said...

very pretty.
so fun to freshen up a room.